Granite joint-venture team awarded second segment of Mountain View Corridor project in Utah
The Copper Hills Constructors (CHC) joint-venture team has been awarded a $114 million construction management/general contractor (CM/GC) contract by the Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) for the second segment of the Mountain View Corridor in western Salt Lake County, Granite Construction announced on Jan. 20.
Granite’s share of the contract is 45 percent, or about $51 million. Granite will book the project into its fourth quarter 2010 backlog.
Led by Granite, the CHC team includes Kiewit and W.W. Clyde. The contract calls for the construction of approximately 6.5 miles of roadway from Old Bingham Highway North to 5400 South. Work will include signalized intersections, recreational trails, drainage improvements, and new structures.
CHC was awarded the construction management (CM) portion of the contract in the fall of 2009 and the first segment of the general construction (GC) portion in the summer of 2010. The value of the first segment is approximately $106 million.
The first segment of the GC contract is estimated to be complete by November 2012 with the second segment estimated for December 2012. For more information, please visit UDOT’s website at www.udot.utah.gov/mountainview.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014554 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable392 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields275 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers269 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future267 Views