Granite Construction operation gets top honors from NSSGA for environmental excellence
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 6, 2011
Granite Construction Co.’s Indio Hot Mix Asphalt and Aggregate Plant was one of six National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association (NSSGA) Gold Award Environmental Excellence Winners throughout the United States. Other winners included operations in Powhatan, Va.; Dupont, Wash.; Willard, Mo.; Huntsville, Ala.; and Tuscumbia, Ala.
The awards program recognizes aggregate operations throughout the United States and Canada for their extraordinary commitment to safety, for their superior performance as environmental stewards and for their community involvement and support activities that have enhanced the image of the aggregates industry during 2009-2010.
“Despite the continuing economic challenges this year, the responses from our member companies represent exemplary efforts of their employees on behalf of the aggregates industry,” said NSSGA President and CEO Joy Wilson. “We are so pleased to be able to recognize these operations whose achievements in the fields of safety, environment and community relations remind us of the important role the aggregates industry plays in ensuring a greater quality of life in America.”
The Environmental Excellence Awards program was created in 1992 to provide national recognition for aggregate producers that meet and exceed technical, environmental and regulatory requirements.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency524 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill397 Views
- Sen. Murray warns Highway Trust Fund insolvency 'threat is growing'396 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs371 Views
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River299 Views