Granite Construction awarded $22 million highway widening project in California
Tina Grady Barbaccia | June 8, 2010
Granite Construction Incorporated announced on June 7 that Granite Construction Co. has been awarded a $22 million contract by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) for the widening of approximately seven miles of Highway 46 near Bakersfield, CA.
Scope of the work includes the construction and widening of the existing two-lane highway to a four-lane expressway. Along with the roadway excavation, work will include the placement of aggregate base, asphalt and concrete paving and the construction of drainage culverts.
Work is estimated to begin June 2010 and be completed by September 2011. For more information, go to the Caltrans Website at www.dot.ca.gov.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1034 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse738 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?307 Views
- VIDEO: Watch time-lapse of I-84 bridge replacement304 Views
- President Obama to urge for private investments292 Views