Granite Construction awarded $22 million highway widening project in California
Tina Grady Barbaccia | June 8, 2010
Granite Construction Incorporated announced on June 7 that Granite Construction Co. has been awarded a $22 million contract by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) for the widening of approximately seven miles of Highway 46 near Bakersfield, CA.
Scope of the work includes the construction and widening of the existing two-lane highway to a four-lane expressway. Along with the roadway excavation, work will include the placement of aggregate base, asphalt and concrete paving and the construction of drainage culverts.
Work is estimated to begin June 2010 and be completed by September 2011. For more information, go to the Caltrans Website at www.dot.ca.gov.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]893 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong785 Views
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths747 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers629 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road478 Views