Granite Construction awarded $22 million highway widening project in California
Tina Grady Barbaccia | June 8, 2010
Granite Construction Incorporated announced on June 7 that Granite Construction Co. has been awarded a $22 million contract by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) for the widening of approximately seven miles of Highway 46 near Bakersfield, CA.
Scope of the work includes the construction and widening of the existing two-lane highway to a four-lane expressway. Along with the roadway excavation, work will include the placement of aggregate base, asphalt and concrete paving and the construction of drainage culverts.
Work is estimated to begin June 2010 and be completed by September 2011. For more information, go to the Caltrans Website at www.dot.ca.gov.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River464 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business373 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving332 Views
- Oklahoma DOT looks to Caltrans for bridge assessment advice283 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness272 Views