Granite CFO resigns, interim CFO appointed
Tina Grady Barbaccia | May 25, 2010
Granite Construction Incorporated announced today that Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) LeAnne M. Stewart is leaving the company to pursue other opportunities.
Vice President and Corporate Controller Laurel J. Krzeminski has been appointed interim CFO. The transition is effective June 1, 2010.
“I’d like to thank LeAnne for her many contributions to Granite over the past two years,” said Granite President and Chief Executive Officer William G. Dorey. “Under her leadership Granite has successfully implemented a number of process improvement initiatives that have positioned the company to be more efficient and effective today and in the future.
“Thanks in part to LeAnne and her team, Granite remains in excellent financial condition,” said Dorey. “Going forward, we are fortunate to have a first-rate finance team in place, which I am confident will ensure a seamless transition during this interim period.”
Krzeminski joined Granite in July 2008 as vice president and corporate controller. Her responsibilities include corporate accounting, financial reporting, tax reporting and compliance, financial controls, and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and Securities and Exchange Commission rules. She previously served as finance director for the Duracell and Braun North American business units of Procter & Gamble.
The company will begin a search for a new CFO immediately. Candidates both inside and outside the company are being considered.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts555 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes530 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse490 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers138 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects75 Views