Granite awarded $64 million Florida expressway widening project
Granite Construction Inc. has been awarded a $64 million contract by the Florida Department of Transportation to widen about 1.5 miles of the existing Lee Roy Selmon Crosstown Expressway in Tampa, Fla., the company announced on Sept. 20. Granite will book the project into backlog during the third quarter of 2011.
Elevated over 14 city streets, the expressway will be widened from four lanes to six lanes while maintaining two open lanes of traffic at all times. Work on the project also includes the installation of precast bridge beams, drilled foundations, placed concrete and the replacement of several existing bridge decks.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014556 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields327 Views
- Ford starts production of F-150 with CNG266 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers257 Views
- 25 Days of Rollouts: Flink FXP Snowplow Expands to 17 Feet226 Views