Granite awarded $64 million Florida expressway widening project
Granite Construction Inc. has been awarded a $64 million contract by the Florida Department of Transportation to widen about 1.5 miles of the existing Lee Roy Selmon Crosstown Expressway in Tampa, Fla., the company announced on Sept. 20. Granite will book the project into backlog during the third quarter of 2011.
Elevated over 14 city streets, the expressway will be widened from four lanes to six lanes while maintaining two open lanes of traffic at all times. Work on the project also includes the installation of precast bridge beams, drilled foundations, placed concrete and the replacement of several existing bridge decks.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)489 Views
- Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects464 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign265 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says257 Views
- Cities rethink transportation due to drop in young drivers229 Views