Goodyear Highway Hero nominations open
eTrucker Staff | October 7, 2011
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has opened nominations until Nov. 30 for its annual North America Highway Hero program.
Nomination forms and program details can be obtained by calling the Goodyear Highway Hero Hotline at (330) 796-8183. The Highway Hero nomination form also is available online here.
For award consideration, the following criteria must be met:
- Nominee must be a full-time truck driver;
- Nominee must reside in the United States or Canada;
- Incident must have occurred in the United States or Canada;
- Nominee must have been on the job or on the way to or from work, and
in his or her rig at the time of the incident;
- Nominee¹s truck at the time of the incident must have had 14 or more
- Incident must have occurred between Nov. 16, 2010, and Nov. 15, 2011,
to qualify for this year’s program.
List of nominations will be pared down to four finalists, with one individual selected by a trucking industry panel of judges to serve as the ambassador for the program for a year.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2269 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1272 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority623 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles582 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project560 Views