Goodyear Highway Hero nominations open
eTrucker Staff | October 7, 2011
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has opened nominations until Nov. 30 for its annual North America Highway Hero program.
Nomination forms and program details can be obtained by calling the Goodyear Highway Hero Hotline at (330) 796-8183. The Highway Hero nomination form also is available online here.
For award consideration, the following criteria must be met:
- Nominee must be a full-time truck driver;
- Nominee must reside in the United States or Canada;
- Incident must have occurred in the United States or Canada;
- Nominee must have been on the job or on the way to or from work, and
in his or her rig at the time of the incident;
- Nominee¹s truck at the time of the incident must have had 14 or more
- Incident must have occurred between Nov. 16, 2010, and Nov. 15, 2011,
to qualify for this year’s program.
List of nominations will be pared down to four finalists, with one individual selected by a trucking industry panel of judges to serve as the ambassador for the program for a year.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Man dies after pedestrian bridge collapses1073 Views
- VIDEO: Should more DOTs use a 'zipper merge'?974 Views
- Are flying robots the future of road construction?818 Views
- Ohio to start largest single construction project in state history357 Views
- 80-thousand pounds of sand and gravel dumped on highway319 Views