GOMACO: Multi-application handling machine
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 4, 2012
The GOMACO 9500 material handling machine provides multi-applications as a trimmer, concrete and asphalt placer, and a shoulder trimmer. It is now available with an optional hydraulically-folding rear conveyor belt for improved transportability.
The new option allows the conveyor to remain attached to the 9500 during shipping. The 9500’s shipping length with the new folding rear conveyor is 41.8 feet. Shipping height is 11.5 feet. The new option is the direct result of a contractor approaching GOMACO with a specific request.
As part of the conveyor frame redesign process, GOMACO engineers rebuilt the 9500’s conveyor to be stronger and more rigid with a truss-style framework. The switch to control the hydraulically-folding rear conveyor can be placed at different locations on the back of the machine, which allows ultimate operator visibility and safe operation. The belt width is still 36 inches and the rear conveyor maintains its 160 degree swing with hydraulic height adjustment up to 12 feet. It has a 34.7-foot-long reach during machine operation, with a conveyor belt speed of 504 feet per minute allowing fast placing of concrete or removal of trimmed material.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?432 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs394 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges193 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants174 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views