GM names new CEO
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | August 12, 2010
General Motors announced board member Daniel Akerson will replace Edward Whitacre Jr. as the company’s chief executive officer on Sept. 1. Whitacre is the second consecutive CEO to serve for less than a year.
Akerson, a GM board member since July 2009, has held leadership roles in the telecommunications and finance industries.
GM made the announcement the same day it reported its second consecutive quarterly profit.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax707 Views
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?701 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards473 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund395 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete259 Views