Getting around town via trolley
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 18, 2013
Riding around Clearwater, Florida, on a trolley has become so popular that The Jolley Trolley has added the 19th trolley to its fleet.
This popular mode of transportation for Pinellas County serves both local residents and tourists and is geared toward providing both reliable transportation and as a way to increase mobility and reduce congestion.
With Florida as a popular vacation destination, Clearwater had more than 878,000 visitors from 2011-2012 . The Jolley Trolley’s newest vehicle was added to not only lessen the age of its fleet, but also to better equip the organization to handle the volume of tourists in the area, according to The Jolley Trolley.
The trolley company says it now transports about 600,000 each year, a significant increase from the 68,000 passengers it transported in 2009.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?441 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group295 Views
- Doosan launches Tier 4 Final non-DPF compact diesel engines166 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders158 Views
- DOT Chief Foxx points to $2.5 billion for transit in Obama’s proposed budget152 Views