Georgia Concrete & Products Association hires exec director
Tina Grady Barbaccia | September 2, 2010
The Georgia Concrete & Products Association (GC&PA) has hired Jimmy Cotty to as its new executive director.Cotty assumed his role on July 20, 2010.
Prior to joining the GC&PA, Cotty spent the previous four years on the staff of the Georgia Construction Aggregate Association (GCAA).
While there, he was an integral part of the association’s efforts in legislative and regulatory oversight.
He also played a key role in the development of member service programs such as its scholarship program and its dump truck certification program.
Cotty also was successful in modernizing the association’s communications efforts allowing it to keep membership more informed on current events as well as promote products, events and services to the industry’s end users.
Prior to GCAA, Jimmy also spent two years lobbying the Georgia General Assembly for a multi-client public affairs firm.
Cotty is a native of Columbus, Ga., and he is a proud alumnus of Auburn University.
He currently lives in Roswell, Ga., with his wife and son, and they eagerly await the arrival of their daughter in January.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier273 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver246 Views
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker223 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase128 Views
- Polls show states do not support gas tax increase100 Views