Genie wins innovation award for unique products
Amanda Bayhi | December 2, 2013
Terex Aerial Work Platforms’ Genie brand has received the Manufacturing Excellence Award for innovation from the Association of Washington Business (AWB).
AWB uses the annual award to recognize Washington manufacturers for innovation and operational excellence.
Genie received the innovation award for it’s industrial lifts, and AWB notes on its website that the company has produced “the world’s tallest self-propelled ‘superboom,’” the SX-180. The boom has a platform height of 180 feet and a lift capacity of 750 pounds, and it can be driven while fully extended.
AWB said in a written statement that Genie won because of its “significant progress in designing, developing and delivering a blockbuster product concept.”
The association added that Genie’s products “are unique and innovative.”
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?438 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs396 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges190 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants174 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views