Genie wins innovation award for unique products
Amanda Bayhi | December 2, 2013
Terex Aerial Work Platforms’ Genie brand has received the Manufacturing Excellence Award for innovation from the Association of Washington Business (AWB).
AWB uses the annual award to recognize Washington manufacturers for innovation and operational excellence.
Genie received the innovation award for it’s industrial lifts, and AWB notes on its website that the company has produced “the world’s tallest self-propelled ‘superboom,’” the SX-180. The boom has a platform height of 180 feet and a lift capacity of 750 pounds, and it can be driven while fully extended.
AWB said in a written statement that Genie won because of its “significant progress in designing, developing and delivering a blockbuster product concept.”
The association added that Genie’s products “are unique and innovative.”
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts556 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes545 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse493 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers141 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects75 Views