Genie wins innovation award for unique products
Amanda Bayhi | December 2, 2013
Terex Aerial Work Platforms’ Genie brand has received the Manufacturing Excellence Award for innovation from the Association of Washington Business (AWB).
AWB uses the annual award to recognize Washington manufacturers for innovation and operational excellence.
Genie received the innovation award for it’s industrial lifts, and AWB notes on its website that the company has produced “the world’s tallest self-propelled ‘superboom,’” the SX-180. The boom has a platform height of 180 feet and a lift capacity of 750 pounds, and it can be driven while fully extended.
AWB said in a written statement that Genie won because of its “significant progress in designing, developing and delivering a blockbuster product concept.”
The association added that Genie’s products “are unique and innovative.”
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1053 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1048 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse734 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones518 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?326 Views