Genie wins innovation award for unique products
Amanda Bayhi | December 2, 2013
Terex Aerial Work Platforms’ Genie brand has received the Manufacturing Excellence Award for innovation from the Association of Washington Business (AWB).
AWB uses the annual award to recognize Washington manufacturers for innovation and operational excellence.
Genie received the innovation award for it’s industrial lifts, and AWB notes on its website that the company has produced “the world’s tallest self-propelled ‘superboom,’” the SX-180. The boom has a platform height of 180 feet and a lift capacity of 750 pounds, and it can be driven while fully extended.
AWB said in a written statement that Genie won because of its “significant progress in designing, developing and delivering a blockbuster product concept.”
The association added that Genie’s products “are unique and innovative.”
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]915 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong840 Views
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths745 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus422 Views