Gene Drake now exec director of Georgia Concrete Paving Association
Tina Grady Barbaccia | August 20, 2010
Drake is a licensed professional engineer P.E.), a 10-year veteran of the concrete industry, and most recently served as the Georgia engineer for the American Concrete Pipe Association (ACPipeA).
Drake, who is replacing Allan Childers, will be working closely with Childers for the next few months as Childers remains as a consultant.
Drake earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial Engineering from Louisiana Tech University. He was the director of sales, engineering and logistics for Foley Products Company of Newnan, Ga., and also served as a Civil Engineer Corps Officer for the U.S. Navy.
The Georgia Concrete Paving Association is a trade association representing concrete paving contractors, cement companies, equipment manufacturers, and material suppliers.The Association is affiliated with its national association, the American Concrete Pavement Association in Washington, D.C. and Chicago.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2194 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1268 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project541 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans476 Views
- California drivers paying the price for deficient roads and bridges 308 Views