Gene Drake now exec director of Georgia Concrete Paving Association
Tina Grady Barbaccia | August 20, 2010
Drake is a licensed professional engineer P.E.), a 10-year veteran of the concrete industry, and most recently served as the Georgia engineer for the American Concrete Pipe Association (ACPipeA).
Drake, who is replacing Allan Childers, will be working closely with Childers for the next few months as Childers remains as a consultant.
Drake earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial Engineering from Louisiana Tech University. He was the director of sales, engineering and logistics for Foley Products Company of Newnan, Ga., and also served as a Civil Engineer Corps Officer for the U.S. Navy.
The Georgia Concrete Paving Association is a trade association representing concrete paving contractors, cement companies, equipment manufacturers, and material suppliers.The Association is affiliated with its national association, the American Concrete Pavement Association in Washington, D.C. and Chicago.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident947 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?569 Views
- VIDEO: With streaking flash of explosives, mile-long bridge collapses in 3 seconds562 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side529 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes457 Views