Frank Sinatra, pothole crooner
John Latta | March 27, 2013
Potholes. Sinatra. C’mon, you gotta watch this video.
The Worcestershire (pronounce it like the sauce) County Council in England is promoting its work fixing potholes. And who better to inspire them than the Chairman of the Board, Ol’ Blue Eyes himself, Frank Sinatra?
To let people know how hard they work at it and how they go about their tasks, the council turned to Frankie’s hit “My Way,” because it rhymes with “highway”. The resulting video, with a really good tuxedoed Worcestershire crooner standing in for Hoboken’s Sinatra is just plain fun. The video is also good enough to make you sing along.
I’m a huge Sinatra fan, although I imagine the man himself might have been irritated, as he famously could be, to say the least. I mean, potholes? And hey, why didn’t Hoboken think of this?
Watch the video below.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River552 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency547 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill394 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs392 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business338 Views