Frank Sinatra, pothole crooner
John Latta | March 27, 2013
Potholes. Sinatra. C’mon, you gotta watch this video.
The Worcestershire (pronounce it like the sauce) County Council in England is promoting its work fixing potholes. And who better to inspire them than the Chairman of the Board, Ol’ Blue Eyes himself, Frank Sinatra?
To let people know how hard they work at it and how they go about their tasks, the council turned to Frankie’s hit “My Way,” because it rhymes with “highway”. The resulting video, with a really good tuxedoed Worcestershire crooner standing in for Hoboken’s Sinatra is just plain fun. The video is also good enough to make you sing along.
I’m a huge Sinatra fan, although I imagine the man himself might have been irritated, as he famously could be, to say the least. I mean, potholes? And hey, why didn’t Hoboken think of this?
Watch the video below.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts552 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse446 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers124 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster92 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects69 Views