Frank Sinatra, pothole crooner
John Latta | March 27, 2013
Potholes. Sinatra. C’mon, you gotta watch this video.
The Worcestershire (pronounce it like the sauce) County Council in England is promoting its work fixing potholes. And who better to inspire them than the Chairman of the Board, Ol’ Blue Eyes himself, Frank Sinatra?
To let people know how hard they work at it and how they go about their tasks, the council turned to Frankie’s hit “My Way,” because it rhymes with “highway”. The resulting video, with a really good tuxedoed Worcestershire crooner standing in for Hoboken’s Sinatra is just plain fun. The video is also good enough to make you sing along.
I’m a huge Sinatra fan, although I imagine the man himself might have been irritated, as he famously could be, to say the least. I mean, potholes? And hey, why didn’t Hoboken think of this?
Watch the video below.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1252 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1008 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...781 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse734 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones520 Views