Foxx to be sworn in as Transportation Secretary today
Amanda Bayhi | July 2, 2013
Anthony Foxx will be sworn in as the new Secretary of Transportation today, according to a report from The Hill.
Foxx resigned from his post as mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina, on Monday. He will be the 17th Secretary of the Department of Transportation.
Foxx will be sworn in during a private ceremony at the Department of Transportation headquarters in Washington, D.C.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2273 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1272 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority625 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles594 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project560 Views