Foxx to be sworn in as Transportation Secretary today
Amanda Bayhi | July 2, 2013
Anthony Foxx will be sworn in as the new Secretary of Transportation today, according to a report from The Hill.
Foxx resigned from his post as mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina, on Monday. He will be the 17th Secretary of the Department of Transportation.
Foxx will be sworn in during a private ceremony at the Department of Transportation headquarters in Washington, D.C.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident865 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?552 Views
- VIDEO: With streaking flash of explosives, mile-long bridge collapses in 3 seconds497 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes444 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005354 Views