Foxx among Fast Co.'s '100 Most Creative People in Business 2014'
Amanda Bayhi | May 20, 2014
Fast Company has included Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx on its list of “100 Most Creative People in Business 2014.”
The company notes that Foxx made the list “for (finally!) modernizing how we get from here to there.”
Among his notable achievements, according to Fast Co., are:
Persuading the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to get rid of electronic-device restrictions
Guiding DOT approval of vehicle-to-vehicle communication that prevents crashes
Launching the Data Innovation Challenge
Of course, Foxx’s inclusion in the list comes as no surprise. After all, his innovation and “livability” approach as mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina helped bring him to the spotlight in the first place.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2194 Views
- Wrongly fired DOT employees return to work1018 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority703 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles654 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans513 Views