Former Transportation Secretary LaHood to serve as Caterpillar consultant
Amanda Bayhi | June 5, 2014
Former Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood will serve as a consultant to Caterpillar, Inc., the company announced Thursday.
Caterpillar notes that LaHood will “provide advice on policy related matters.”
“[LaHood] will assist Caterpillar in developing corporate strategies focused on identifying solutions to specific policy and communications challenges Caterpillar faces in the increasingly complex policy and business environment,” Caterpillar said in a prepared statement.
LaHood served as U.S. Transportation Secretary for four years after a 14-year term as a congressman.
In addition to his new consulting post, LaHood also serves as co-chairman of Building America’s Future (BAF) and a senior advisor to infrastructure investment firm Meridiam, among other positions.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1233 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1048 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...762 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse750 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones517 Views