Former Transportation Secretary LaHood to serve as Caterpillar consultant
Amanda Bayhi | June 5, 2014
Former Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood will serve as a consultant to Caterpillar, Inc., the company announced Thursday.
Caterpillar notes that LaHood will “provide advice on policy related matters.”
“[LaHood] will assist Caterpillar in developing corporate strategies focused on identifying solutions to specific policy and communications challenges Caterpillar faces in the increasingly complex policy and business environment,” Caterpillar said in a prepared statement.
LaHood served as U.S. Transportation Secretary for four years after a 14-year term as a congressman.
In addition to his new consulting post, LaHood also serves as co-chairman of Building America’s Future (BAF) and a senior advisor to infrastructure investment firm Meridiam, among other positions.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure218 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?172 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress115 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!114 Views