Former Transportation Secretary LaHood to serve as Caterpillar consultant
Amanda Bayhi | June 5, 2014
Former Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood will serve as a consultant to Caterpillar, Inc., the company announced Thursday.
Caterpillar notes that LaHood will “provide advice on policy related matters.”
“[LaHood] will assist Caterpillar in developing corporate strategies focused on identifying solutions to specific policy and communications challenges Caterpillar faces in the increasingly complex policy and business environment,” Caterpillar said in a prepared statement.
LaHood served as U.S. Transportation Secretary for four years after a 14-year term as a congressman.
In addition to his new consulting post, LaHood also serves as co-chairman of Building America’s Future (BAF) and a senior advisor to infrastructure investment firm Meridiam, among other positions.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident955 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side539 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?504 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes437 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005361 Views