Ford to offer snow plow prep option for 2015 F-150 4x4s
Amanda Bayhi | February 11, 2014
Ford is simplifying snow removal with its 2015 F-150.
The light-duty snow plow prep option will be available across all cab configurations – Regular, SuperCab and SuperCrew – plus XL, XLT and Lariat trim levels.
The push of a button activates snow plow mode and temporarily turns off nonessential features so the truck can provide dedicated power to the plow.
The optional package is only available for 2015 F-150s with a 5.0-liter V8 engine and four-wheel drive. The option allows the truck to handle plows weighing more than 450 pounds.
Owners will need to take their pickup to a Ford Qualified Vehicle Modifier to purchase and install the plow hardware.
Ford will announce pricing for the snow plow prep option, without the plow, later this year.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes582 Views
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts536 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse494 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers148 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects76 Views