Ford to offer snow plow prep option for 2015 F-150 4x4s
Amanda Bayhi | February 11, 2014
Ford is simplifying snow removal with its 2015 F-150.
The light-duty snow plow prep option will be available across all cab configurations – Regular, SuperCab and SuperCrew – plus XL, XLT and Lariat trim levels.
The push of a button activates snow plow mode and temporarily turns off nonessential features so the truck can provide dedicated power to the plow.
The optional package is only available for 2015 F-150s with a 5.0-liter V8 engine and four-wheel drive. The option allows the truck to handle plows weighing more than 450 pounds.
Owners will need to take their pickup to a Ford Qualified Vehicle Modifier to purchase and install the plow hardware.
Ford will announce pricing for the snow plow prep option, without the plow, later this year.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident1006 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles856 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse689 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side580 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005340 Views