FMCSA unveils multilingual bus safety checklist
CCJ Staff | May 14, 2012
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has unveiled its multilingual Bus Safety Consumer Checklist in eight different languages: Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, French, German, Japanese and Vietnamese.
Free to the public at www.fmcsa.dot.gov/safety-security/pcs/index.aspx, the bus safety checklist encourages travelers to first look at the on-road safety performance, safety rating and consumer complaint history of a bus company before buying a ticket or booking a trip.
Consumers also can download for free FMCSA’s SaferBus app at www.fmcsa.dot.gov/safety-security/saferbus/saferbus.aspx, which provides quick, easy access to the safety records on nearly 6,000 U.S. interstate passenger carriers.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident948 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse606 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side532 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?520 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes440 Views