FMCSA unveils multilingual bus safety checklist
CCJ Staff | May 14, 2012
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has unveiled its multilingual Bus Safety Consumer Checklist in eight different languages: Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, French, German, Japanese and Vietnamese.
Free to the public at www.fmcsa.dot.gov/safety-security/pcs/index.aspx, the bus safety checklist encourages travelers to first look at the on-road safety performance, safety rating and consumer complaint history of a bus company before buying a ticket or booking a trip.
Consumers also can download for free FMCSA’s SaferBus app at www.fmcsa.dot.gov/safety-security/saferbus/saferbus.aspx, which provides quick, easy access to the safety records on nearly 6,000 U.S. interstate passenger carriers.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges369 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress253 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college242 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?201 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road133 Views