FMCSA unveils multilingual bus safety checklist
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has unveiled its multilingual Bus Safety Consumer Checklist in eight different languages: Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, French, German, Japanese and Vietnamese.
Free to the public at www.fmcsa.dot.gov/safety-security/pcs/index.aspx, the bus safety checklist encourages travelers to first look at the on-road safety performance, safety rating and consumer complaint history of a bus company before buying a ticket or booking a trip.
Consumers also can download for free FMCSA’s SaferBus app at www.fmcsa.dot.gov/safety-security/saferbus/saferbus.aspx, which provides quick, easy access to the safety records on nearly 6,000 U.S. interstate passenger carriers.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014567 Views
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding394 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future320 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable310 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields272 Views