FMCSA unveils multilingual bus safety checklist
CCJ Staff | May 14, 2012
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has unveiled its multilingual Bus Safety Consumer Checklist in eight different languages: Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, French, German, Japanese and Vietnamese.
Free to the public at www.fmcsa.dot.gov/safety-security/pcs/index.aspx, the bus safety checklist encourages travelers to first look at the on-road safety performance, safety rating and consumer complaint history of a bus company before buying a ticket or booking a trip.
Consumers also can download for free FMCSA’s SaferBus app at www.fmcsa.dot.gov/safety-security/saferbus/saferbus.aspx, which provides quick, easy access to the safety records on nearly 6,000 U.S. interstate passenger carriers.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker280 Views
- Ohio worker’s death creates urgency on inspecting NJ bridges258 Views
- Boehner discusses Highway Trust Fund on 60 Minutes227 Views
- Report shows sharp decline in commuting across America199 Views
- NAPA announces winners of national paving awards140 Views