Florida DOT announces P3 for $2.3 billion Interstate project
Amanda Bayhi | April 28, 2014
The agency accepted a bid from 1-4 Mobility Partners, which will design, construct, finance, operate and maintain the I-4 Ultimate project for 40 years under a concession agreement.
The project involves the reconstruction of 21 miles of Interstate in Orange and Seminole Counties, the addition of four tolled express lanes on Interstate 4 and the construction of turn lanes, pedestrian bridges and “enhanced aesthetics,” the report notes.
The project is scheduled to begin in 2015, with a projected completion in 2021.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2275 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1272 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority629 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles602 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project554 Views