Florida DOT announces P3 for $2.3 billion Interstate project
Amanda Bayhi | April 28, 2014
The agency accepted a bid from 1-4 Mobility Partners, which will design, construct, finance, operate and maintain the I-4 Ultimate project for 40 years under a concession agreement.
The project involves the reconstruction of 21 miles of Interstate in Orange and Seminole Counties, the addition of four tolled express lanes on Interstate 4 and the construction of turn lanes, pedestrian bridges and “enhanced aesthetics,” the report notes.
The project is scheduled to begin in 2015, with a projected completion in 2021.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure223 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201392 Views
- California, Florida DOTs named winners of America's Transportation Awards83 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views
- What causes the most damage to our nation’s bridges?82 Views