Florida DOT announces P3 for $2.3 billion Interstate project
Amanda Bayhi | April 28, 2014
The agency accepted a bid from 1-4 Mobility Partners, which will design, construct, finance, operate and maintain the I-4 Ultimate project for 40 years under a concession agreement.
The project involves the reconstruction of 21 miles of Interstate in Orange and Seminole Counties, the addition of four tolled express lanes on Interstate 4 and the construction of turn lanes, pedestrian bridges and “enhanced aesthetics,” the report notes.
The project is scheduled to begin in 2015, with a projected completion in 2021.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system425 Views
- Driver Beware: America's 5 most haunted roads216 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass206 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run189 Views
- Ray LaHood: 'We need a big pot of money' to fix America’s roads and bridges150 Views