Florida concrete producer announces potential layoff
Tina Grady Barbaccia | March 16, 2010
Jacksonville-based Gate Concrete Products Co., a producer of prestressed concrete products for use in bridges and building structures, today announced a potential layoff of between 20-115 workers in May, according to an Aggregate Research (ARI) report.
Gate Construction Materials Group President and COO Dean Gwin said employees have been notified of the potential layoff and its range. A state Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Web site reported a potential layoff of 115 from May 15-29, according to the ARI report.
“Due to the declining commercial construction market, Gate may be forced to reduce its work force,” Gwin said in a statement, according to the report. “Gate continues to actively market and bid projects and expects to avoid drastic work force reductions.”
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency518 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill397 Views
- Sen. Murray warns Highway Trust Fund insolvency 'threat is growing'395 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs364 Views
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River282 Views