Florida concrete producer announces potential layoff
Tina Grady Barbaccia | March 16, 2010
Jacksonville-based Gate Concrete Products Co., a producer of prestressed concrete products for use in bridges and building structures, today announced a potential layoff of between 20-115 workers in May, according to an Aggregate Research (ARI) report.
Gate Construction Materials Group President and COO Dean Gwin said employees have been notified of the potential layoff and its range. A state Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Web site reported a potential layoff of 115 from May 15-29, according to the ARI report.
“Due to the declining commercial construction market, Gate may be forced to reduce its work force,” Gwin said in a statement, according to the report. “Gate continues to actively market and bid projects and expects to avoid drastic work force reductions.”
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure223 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201392 Views
- What causes the most damage to our nation’s bridges?84 Views
- California, Florida DOTs named winners of America's Transportation Awards83 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views