Flink: PF1HDCD snowplow hitch's flat front eliminates protruding
Tina Grady Barbaccia | September 21, 2011
The PF1HDCD snowplow hitch from Flink Co. is the sixth in the company’s line of hitches.
Its electric/hydraulic power command posts allow for hookup at the front of the chassis and demounting of the hitch with snowplow for a flush front end. A set of electronic switches allow for plow connect by using a hydraulic leg and arm post for self-supporting equipment. Driver side switches power up and down the leg and lift arm for repositioning during connection.
Duane Kruger, general sales manager for Flink, tells Better Roads at the 2011 American Public Works Association (APWA) 2011 tradeshow in Denver that the flat front of the hitch eliminates any protruding, making it safer should an accident occur. Production is slated to begin in January, and the hitch should be on the order board in February, according to Kruger.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?668 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax597 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards473 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund396 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete260 Views