First thoughts, Las Vegas, World o' Concrete
John Latta | February 3, 2010
In Las Vegas for the World of Concrete week. First day suggests numbers will be down but no numbers yet. Last year we heard the same thing early in the show but later heard from some big name exhibitors that lower attendance was mitigated by the quality — read ‘buying power’ –of the attendees, i.e. less people but more decision-makers as a percentage of the crowd. Same thing a week later than the 2009 World of Asphalt. I’ll guess: there’s be a somewhat less happy ending this year.
Predictions for recovery have come to a popular conclusion from pundits here — it will be into next year before we can breathe out.
Concrete putting a lot of time into going ‘green’ so expect to start hearing more about sustainability frpom the conrete folks in the coming months.
Oh, and I hear the EPA is talkiing to the concrete guys with the idea of trying to find a way to build a road made entirely of recycled material of sone sort or another.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges386 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory339 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college325 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress230 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?179 Views