Find out how much public ridership is in your city
Amanda Bayhi | March 19, 2014
How many people in your city choose public transportation?
If you don’t know the answer, Governing can help.
The media site is offering data on public ridership in the top 100 cities in the U.S. with the most public transportation ridership. Users can select their city from a dropdown list and see data on local ridership.
Not only does the data show how many people are traveling via public transportation, but it also displays median earnings, poverty and race/ethnicity statistics of those riders.
Granted, the site is only showing data on the cities with the most ridership. However, if you or your agency is near one of those cities, it could be helpful in giving you an idea of who is choosing public transportation in your area.
To see the interactive data page, click here.
Is the data helpful to your agency? Why or why not? Tell me in the comments or email me at email@example.com.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1311 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1033 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...773 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones540 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?328 Views