Fiat Industrial suggests merger with CNH
Tina Grady Barbaccia | June 4, 2012
CNH Global‘s Board of Directors received a proposal from Fiat Industrial regarding a combination transaction between the two companies that would form a combined holding company.
The proposed merger was suggested in a letter sent on May 30 by Sergio Marchionne, chairman of Fiat Industrial S.p.A., to the Board of Directors of CNH.
The Board of Directors of CNH expects to evaluate the proposal through a committee of independent directors which would retain independent financial and legal advisers to assist it, according to a CNH press release.
The CNH Board of Directors of CNH advises the company’s shareholders and others considering trading in its securities that it has not yet evaluated the proposal and that there is “no assurance that the proposal will lead to any definitive offer, that any agreement will be reached or that any transaction will be consummated.”
At this stage, no action by the company’s shareholders is required. CNH notes notes in the press release that further announcements will be made by the company “when and as appropriate.”
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts555 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes530 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse489 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers138 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects75 Views