FHWA: Motorists traveled 3.6 billion miles less this Sept. than in 2011
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 26, 2012
September 2012 Traffic Volume Trends
- Travel on all roads and streets changed by -1.5% (-3.6 billion vehicle miles) for September 2012 as compared with September 2011.
- Travel for the month is estimated to be 237.1 billion vehicle miles.
- Cumulative Travel for 2012 changed by 0.6% (14.2 billion vehicle miles).
- Cumulative estimate for the year is 2,213.4 billion vehicle miles of travel.
Travel Monitoring and Traffic Volume
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier259 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver254 Views
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker237 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase130 Views
- Polls show states do not support gas tax increase98 Views