FHWA: Motorists traveled 3.6 billion miles less this Sept. than in 2011
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 26, 2012
September 2012 Traffic Volume Trends
- Travel on all roads and streets changed by -1.5% (-3.6 billion vehicle miles) for September 2012 as compared with September 2011.
- Travel for the month is estimated to be 237.1 billion vehicle miles.
- Cumulative Travel for 2012 changed by 0.6% (14.2 billion vehicle miles).
- Cumulative estimate for the year is 2,213.4 billion vehicle miles of travel.
Travel Monitoring and Traffic Volume
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?435 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs396 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges191 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants171 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders153 Views