FHWA: Motorists traveled 3.6 billion miles less this Sept. than in 2011
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 26, 2012
September 2012 Traffic Volume Trends
- Travel on all roads and streets changed by -1.5% (-3.6 billion vehicle miles) for September 2012 as compared with September 2011.
- Travel for the month is estimated to be 237.1 billion vehicle miles.
- Cumulative Travel for 2012 changed by 0.6% (14.2 billion vehicle miles).
- Cumulative estimate for the year is 2,213.4 billion vehicle miles of travel.
Travel Monitoring and Traffic Volume
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency528 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill397 Views
- Sen. Murray warns Highway Trust Fund insolvency 'threat is growing'396 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs378 Views
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River337 Views