FHWA: Motorists traveled 3.6 billion miles less this Sept. than in 2011
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 26, 2012
September 2012 Traffic Volume Trends
- Travel on all roads and streets changed by -1.5% (-3.6 billion vehicle miles) for September 2012 as compared with September 2011.
- Travel for the month is estimated to be 237.1 billion vehicle miles.
- Cumulative Travel for 2012 changed by 0.6% (14.2 billion vehicle miles).
- Cumulative estimate for the year is 2,213.4 billion vehicle miles of travel.
Travel Monitoring and Traffic Volume
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- 3 workers hit, 1 killed in highway construction zone crash1570 Views
- Salt prices to hurt road budgets964 Views
- Driver hops out of truck and attacks construction worker953 Views
- Man dies after pedestrian bridge collapses900 Views
- PHOTOS: Directional drill dives from trailer, dangles over Dallas freeway728 Views