FHWA hosts webinar on AASHTO’s PaveSuite
Amanda Bayhi | May 20, 2013
The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) will host a webinar on PaveSuite on May 22 from 2:30 p.m. until 4 p.m. Eastern Time, according to AASHTO Journal.
The webinar, titled “SR500 NHI Innovations: PaveSuite, Transforming Pavement Data into Informed Decision Making,” will take place as part of FHWA’s National Highway Institute (NHI).
PaveSuite is a demonstration product from the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials’ (AASHTO) Technology Implementation Group (TIG).
The webinar will focus on two of PaveSuite’s four new pavement evaluation technologies:
Automated Faulting Method: Software that detects joints and estimate faulting in jointed concrete pavement by using a high-speed inertial profiler.
Automated Cross-Slope and Drainage Path Method: A technology that allows pavement engineers to effectively identify roadway areas with a high likelihood of hydroplaning with an end goal of producing alternative corrective actions.
Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) Pavement Engineer James Greene will moderate the webinar. Speakers include FDOT Pavement Evaluation Engineer Abdenour Nazef and Applied Research Associates Pavement Engineer Alex Mraz.
Click here to register for the webinar.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts555 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes530 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse473 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers138 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects75 Views