FHWA awards $2.5 million for 2012 National Summer Transportation Institute
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 16, 2012
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood awarded $2,487,791 to the National Summer Transportation Institute, a Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) program to promote interest in educational and career opportunities in transportation among middle and high school students.
The funds will support 53 two- to four-week sessions in 37 states and Washington, D.C., this summer.
MORE FROM Economics
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?435 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs396 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges191 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants171 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders153 Views