FHWA awards $2.5 million for 2012 National Summer Transportation Institute
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 16, 2012
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood awarded $2,487,791 to the National Summer Transportation Institute, a Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) program to promote interest in educational and career opportunities in transportation among middle and high school students.
The funds will support 53 two- to four-week sessions in 37 states and Washington, D.C., this summer.
MORE FROM Economics
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier265 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver253 Views
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker229 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase127 Views
- VP Biden announces new steps to Build America Investment Initiative108 Views