FHWA awards $2.5 million for 2012 National Summer Transportation Institute
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 16, 2012
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood awarded $2,487,791 to the National Summer Transportation Institute, a Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) program to promote interest in educational and career opportunities in transportation among middle and high school students.
The funds will support 53 two- to four-week sessions in 37 states and Washington, D.C., this summer.
MORE FROM Economics
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River626 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency540 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs397 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business366 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update340 Views