FHWA awards $2.5 million for 2012 National Summer Transportation Institute
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 16, 2012
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood awarded $2,487,791 to the National Summer Transportation Institute, a Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) program to promote interest in educational and career opportunities in transportation among middle and high school students.
The funds will support 53 two- to four-week sessions in 37 states and Washington, D.C., this summer.
MORE FROM Economics
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]923 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong883 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus383 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker335 Views