FHWA awards $2.5 million for 2012 National Summer Transportation Institute
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 16, 2012
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood awarded $2,487,791 to the National Summer Transportation Institute, a Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) program to promote interest in educational and career opportunities in transportation among middle and high school students.
The funds will support 53 two- to four-week sessions in 37 states and Washington, D.C., this summer.
MORE FROM Economics
- Firearms to be used for road construction763 Views
- Highway Trust Fund 2014: Timeline of Events692 Views
- POLL: Majority of Americans would rather pay tolls than taxes622 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines581 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up482 Views