FHWA awards $2.5 million for 2012 National Summer Transportation Institute
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 16, 2012
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood awarded $2,487,791 to the National Summer Transportation Institute, a Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) program to promote interest in educational and career opportunities in transportation among middle and high school students.
The funds will support 53 two- to four-week sessions in 37 states and Washington, D.C., this summer.
MORE FROM Economics
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving346 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness288 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options274 Views
- CBO: Highway Trust Fund would shortfall under Obama's proposed budget218 Views
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River204 Views