FHWA awards $2.5 million for 2012 National Summer Transportation Institute
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 16, 2012
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood awarded $2,487,791 to the National Summer Transportation Institute, a Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) program to promote interest in educational and career opportunities in transportation among middle and high school students.
The funds will support 53 two- to four-week sessions in 37 states and Washington, D.C., this summer.
MORE FROM Economics
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system472 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run186 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass186 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues147 Views
- N.J. transportation commissioner calls for tax hike108 Views