FHWA awards $2.5 million for 2012 National Summer Transportation Institute
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood awarded $2,487,791 to the National Summer Transportation Institute, a Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) program to promote interest in educational and career opportunities in transportation among middle and high school students.
The funds will support 53 two- to four-week sessions in 37 states and Washington, D.C., this summer.
MORE FROM Economics
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects662 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)390 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D390 Views
- Seattle tests bikes as disaster relief (VIDEO)356 Views
- FHWA deploys bridge-inspecting robots293 Views