Ferries with Wings. Very California.
John Latta | February 19, 2010
There are certain occasions when you think “only in California.” Here’s an idea that would change the way ferries operate on San Fransisco Bay. You simply put sails on them, modern sail similar to aircraft wings. So when the wind blows you use less fuel. Savings around 40 percent according to the people behind the idea. Check out the story in the San Francisco Chronicle.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2153 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1275 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project544 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans445 Views
- California drivers paying the price for deficient roads and bridges 311 Views