Ferries with Wings. Very California.
John Latta | February 19, 2010
There are certain occasions when you think “only in California.” Here’s an idea that would change the way ferries operate on San Fransisco Bay. You simply put sails on them, modern sail similar to aircraft wings. So when the wind blows you use less fuel. Savings around 40 percent according to the people behind the idea. Check out the story in the San Francisco Chronicle.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts558 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes546 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse490 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers141 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects75 Views