Ferries with Wings. Very California.
John Latta | February 19, 2010
There are certain occasions when you think “only in California.” Here’s an idea that would change the way ferries operate on San Fransisco Bay. You simply put sails on them, modern sail similar to aircraft wings. So when the wind blows you use less fuel. Savings around 40 percent according to the people behind the idea. Check out the story in the San Francisco Chronicle.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker270 Views
- Ohio worker’s death creates urgency on inspecting NJ bridges237 Views
- Boehner discusses Highway Trust Fund on 60 Minutes211 Views
- Fingers crossed: Senate highway bill could be unveiled soon114 Views
- Polls show states do not support gas tax increase101 Views