Ferries with Wings. Very California.
John Latta | February 19, 2010
There are certain occasions when you think “only in California.” Here’s an idea that would change the way ferries operate on San Fransisco Bay. You simply put sails on them, modern sail similar to aircraft wings. So when the wind blows you use less fuel. Savings around 40 percent according to the people behind the idea. Check out the story in the San Francisco Chronicle.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2085 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1318 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...891 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones540 Views
- Senate passes highway bill, vote sent back to house362 Views