Ferries with Wings. Very California.
John Latta | February 19, 2010
There are certain occasions when you think “only in California.” Here’s an idea that would change the way ferries operate on San Fransisco Bay. You simply put sails on them, modern sail similar to aircraft wings. So when the wind blows you use less fuel. Savings around 40 percent according to the people behind the idea. Check out the story in the San Francisco Chronicle.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?470 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group250 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders157 Views
- DOT Chief Foxx points to $2.5 billion for transit in Obama’s proposed budget153 Views
- Hyundai President Yoon: Company to intro Tier 4 Final F-Series this year148 Views