Feds: More stimulus, please, if economy stays weak
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 4, 2010
There is no question that the transportation construction industry has benefited from the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act (ARRA), a.ka. “the stimulus,” but whether the stimulus was a good idea in the first place has been hotly debated.
However, Federal Reserve officials have said that we may need to pump ever more cash into the economy.
In a Reuters report, two Fed policymakers said that more action would likely be needed unless the current economic outlook improves.
William Dudley, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, described current conditions of high unemployment and low inflation as “unacceptable” while Chicago Federal Reserve Bank President Charles Evans said more easing was “desirable,” according to the Reuters report.
MORE FROM Economics
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure219 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!114 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201392 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views