New sample bill will aid states in banning texting while driving
Secretary LaHood announced the department’s plan to pursue this regulatory action at the Distracted Driving Summit he convened in September 2009. The department recently launched a federal Website, www.distraction.gov, as a forum and information clearinghouse. Distraction.gov is a source of comprehensive information on distracted driving.
Currently, nineteen States and the District of Columbia have texting laws covering all drivers. In 2009, more than 200 distracted driving bills were considered by State legislatures and legislative activity is expected to remain strong in 2010.
MORE FROM Industry
- MoDOT employs robot to mow roadside grass1518 Views
- I-5 bridge expected to reopen in mid-June987 Views
- CDOT “Slow for the Cone Zone” ads depict kids as construction workers460 Views
- USDOT to release $15.6 million for I-5 bridge416 Views
- 25 percent of U.S. bridges classified as deficient in 2012345 Views