Equipment operators showcase skills, precision at Case Triple Threat Rodeo
Tina Grady Barbaccia | September 29, 2011
At the Case Triple Threat Rodeo held on Sept. 16 at McCann Industries in Bolingbrook, Ill., (attended by editors from Aggregates Manager, Better Roads, and Equipment World), construction equipment operators tested their skills on the equipment by playing games and maneuvering the machinery through obstacles courses and playing “games” such as picking up a basketball between PVC piping without knocking it over.
The 2011 Case Triple Threat Rodeo Series pits operators against each other in a competition that involves skill, precision and timing. The “Case cowboys” as they are sometimes referred to, navigate the N Series Loader/Backhoe, Skid Steer Loader and New F Series Wheel Loader in a series of down and dirty obstacle courses.
The final showdown will be at the North American Case Triple Threat Rodeo Championship in Las Vegas where five finalists will compete for a New Ram 2500 Crew Cab during the World of Concrete trade show.–by Tina Grady Barbaccia
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River649 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs391 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business377 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update344 Views
- Illinois governor unveils 6-year, $8.6 billion transportation investment plan205 Views