Equipment operators showcase skills, precision at Case Triple Threat Rodeo
Tina Grady Barbaccia | September 29, 2011
At the Case Triple Threat Rodeo held on Sept. 16 at McCann Industries in Bolingbrook, Ill., (attended by editors from Aggregates Manager, Better Roads, and Equipment World), construction equipment operators tested their skills on the equipment by playing games and maneuvering the machinery through obstacles courses and playing “games” such as picking up a basketball between PVC piping without knocking it over.
The 2011 Case Triple Threat Rodeo Series pits operators against each other in a competition that involves skill, precision and timing. The “Case cowboys” as they are sometimes referred to, navigate the N Series Loader/Backhoe, Skid Steer Loader and New F Series Wheel Loader in a series of down and dirty obstacle courses.
The final showdown will be at the North American Case Triple Threat Rodeo Championship in Las Vegas where five finalists will compete for a New Ram 2500 Crew Cab during the World of Concrete trade show.–by Tina Grady Barbaccia
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident952 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side537 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?504 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes437 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005360 Views