Equipment financing confidence index dips slightly
Overdrive Staff | May 22, 2012
The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation’s Monthly Confidence Index for the equipment finance industry for May is 59.2, down slightly from the April index of 62.1, reflecting uncertainty about the pace of U.S. economic growth and concerns about global political and economic factors.
The index reports a qualitative assessment of both the prevailing business conditions and expectations for the future as reported by key executives from the $628 billion equipment finance sector.
“Demand for loans and leases in the industries we serve remains closely tied to external economic factors and conditions, many of which remain volatile and uncertain for the remainder of 2012,” said Russ Nelson, Farm Credit Leasing president. “Year-to-date activity for equipment has remained strong, and we are cautiously optimistic concerning the next eight months.”
MORE FROM Economics
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River618 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency547 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs395 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business363 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update335 Views