Equipment financing confidence index dips slightly
Overdrive Staff | May 22, 2012
The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation’s Monthly Confidence Index for the equipment finance industry for May is 59.2, down slightly from the April index of 62.1, reflecting uncertainty about the pace of U.S. economic growth and concerns about global political and economic factors.
The index reports a qualitative assessment of both the prevailing business conditions and expectations for the future as reported by key executives from the $628 billion equipment finance sector.
“Demand for loans and leases in the industries we serve remains closely tied to external economic factors and conditions, many of which remain volatile and uncertain for the remainder of 2012,” said Russ Nelson, Farm Credit Leasing president. “Year-to-date activity for equipment has remained strong, and we are cautiously optimistic concerning the next eight months.”
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident975 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles961 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse726 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side568 Views
- President Obama to urge for private investments304 Views