EPA investigates Navistar regarding engine dating
The company’s MaxxForce 11 and MaxxForce 15 engines were not included in CARB’s announcement and will continue to be sold using their existing EPA credits, said a Navistar spokesman.
“The bottom line is that Navistar will sell engines in 2012 that are fully certified in all 50 states,” said Jack Allen, president of Navistar’s Engine Group, during a Feb. 1 stock analysts’ meeting.
Navistar diesel engines use an in-cylinder exhaust gas recirculation technology to reduce exhaust emissions. Its North American heavy-duty engine competitors use selective catalytic reduction aftertreatment technology to meet the required emissions levels.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)817 Views
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects625 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D332 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign267 Views
- Fifty cents on the dollar for Illinois roads264 Views