EPA extends comment period on Tier 3 gas fuel rulemaking
Amanda Bayhi | May 29, 2013
The original comment period was set to end June 13. The extension has moved the public comment deadline to July 1.
The EPA extended the comment period following complaints from critics that the agency did not give enough time for adequate public input.
Following the extension, industry group American Petroleum Institute has argued that the formal comment period should last 90 days.
If passed, the Tier 3 rulemaking would set new vehicle emissions standards and lower the sulfur content of gasoline in 2017.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths756 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers619 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road533 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus384 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines335 Views