EPA extends comment period on Tier 3 gas fuel rulemaking
Amanda Bayhi | May 29, 2013
The original comment period was set to end June 13. The extension has moved the public comment deadline to July 1.
The EPA extended the comment period following complaints from critics that the agency did not give enough time for adequate public input.
Following the extension, industry group American Petroleum Institute has argued that the formal comment period should last 90 days.
If passed, the Tier 3 rulemaking would set new vehicle emissions standards and lower the sulfur content of gasoline in 2017.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident855 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?552 Views
- VIDEO: With streaking flash of explosives, mile-long bridge collapses in 3 seconds533 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side459 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes445 Views