EPA extends comment period on Tier 3 gas fuel rulemaking
Amanda Bayhi | May 29, 2013
The original comment period was set to end June 13. The extension has moved the public comment deadline to July 1.
The EPA extended the comment period following complaints from critics that the agency did not give enough time for adequate public input.
Following the extension, industry group American Petroleum Institute has argued that the formal comment period should last 90 days.
If passed, the Tier 3 rulemaking would set new vehicle emissions standards and lower the sulfur content of gasoline in 2017.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign1995 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1331 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...883 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones547 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?324 Views