Elected officials recognize public works officials for contributions to infrastructure
Amanda Bayhi | May 25, 2014
These elected officials made proclamations declaring the week as National Public Works Week (NPWW).
Sponsored by the American Public Works Association (APWA), NPWW began in 1960 to raise awareness about how public works professionals contribute to infrastructure and how infrastructure, facilities and services impact daily life in every community.
NPWW now takes place in May each year. The 2014 theme was “Building for Today, Planning for Tomorrow.”
To see the proclamations made by elected officials, visit apwa.net/npww.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Road commission worker killed by motor grader1144 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers862 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project445 Views
- FDOT removing campaign signs350 Views
- Why repair cracks when you can avoid them altogether?338 Views