Elected officials recognize public works officials for contributions to infrastructure
Amanda Bayhi | May 25, 2014
These elected officials made proclamations declaring the week as National Public Works Week (NPWW).
Sponsored by the American Public Works Association (APWA), NPWW began in 1960 to raise awareness about how public works professionals contribute to infrastructure and how infrastructure, facilities and services impact daily life in every community.
NPWW now takes place in May each year. The 2014 theme was “Building for Today, Planning for Tomorrow.”
To see the proclamations made by elected officials, visit apwa.net/npww.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]941 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong932 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker339 Views
- A road without fibers is a road soon to be in need of repair311 Views
- Homeless forced to relocate due to bridge construction303 Views