Elected officials recognize public works officials for contributions to infrastructure
Amanda Bayhi | May 25, 2014
These elected officials made proclamations declaring the week as National Public Works Week (NPWW).
Sponsored by the American Public Works Association (APWA), NPWW began in 1960 to raise awareness about how public works professionals contribute to infrastructure and how infrastructure, facilities and services impact daily life in every community.
NPWW now takes place in May each year. The 2014 theme was “Building for Today, Planning for Tomorrow.”
To see the proclamations made by elected officials, visit apwa.net/npww.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts556 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes545 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse493 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers141 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects76 Views