Elected officials recognize public works officials for contributions to infrastructure
Amanda Bayhi | May 25, 2014
These elected officials made proclamations declaring the week as National Public Works Week (NPWW).
Sponsored by the American Public Works Association (APWA), NPWW began in 1960 to raise awareness about how public works professionals contribute to infrastructure and how infrastructure, facilities and services impact daily life in every community.
NPWW now takes place in May each year. The 2014 theme was “Building for Today, Planning for Tomorrow.”
To see the proclamations made by elected officials, visit apwa.net/npww.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges386 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory339 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college325 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress230 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?179 Views