Elected officials recognize public works officials for contributions to infrastructure
Amanda Bayhi | May 25, 2014
These elected officials made proclamations declaring the week as National Public Works Week (NPWW).
Sponsored by the American Public Works Association (APWA), NPWW began in 1960 to raise awareness about how public works professionals contribute to infrastructure and how infrastructure, facilities and services impact daily life in every community.
NPWW now takes place in May each year. The 2014 theme was “Building for Today, Planning for Tomorrow.”
To see the proclamations made by elected officials, visit apwa.net/npww.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?701 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax597 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards473 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund394 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete259 Views