Elderly woman destroys newly poured road
Brian Ethridge | August 22, 2014
An elderly woman caused $10,000 worth of damage when she drove through 50 feet of newly poured cement in the 25th Street construction zone in Fargo, North Dakota.
The 78-year-old woman was southbound when she got confused by road signs, took a wrong turn and ended up in cement that had just been poured. Her car sunk into about a foot of the wet cement before grinding to a halt.
The damaged concrete had to be replaced.
Police say the elderly woman was on her way to a doctor’s appointment when the accident occurred. She was not cited.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party477 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax244 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion220 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September162 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues110 Views