Dutch moving to VMT system
Is this our future?
A story out of Holland says the Dutch are doing away with sales taxes on new vehicles and road taxes and moving to a VMT system, paying 7 cents a mile based on GPS tracking of their vehicle’s movements — with surcharges for driving in crowded areas or rush hours.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding615 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable482 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future347 Views
- Ohio law leaves motorists in the cold300 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers251 Views