Dutch moving to VMT system
John Latta | November 17, 2009
Is this our future?
A story out of Holland says the Dutch are doing away with sales taxes on new vehicles and road taxes and moving to a VMT system, paying 7 cents a mile based on GPS tracking of their vehicle’s movements — with surcharges for driving in crowded areas or rush hours.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party471 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax248 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion212 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September179 Views
- ADA Angst over pavement preservation127 Views