Dutch moving to VMT system
John Latta | November 17, 2009
Is this our future?
A story out of Holland says the Dutch are doing away with sales taxes on new vehicles and road taxes and moving to a VMT system, paying 7 cents a mile based on GPS tracking of their vehicle’s movements — with surcharges for driving in crowded areas or rush hours.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress214 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?210 Views
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure209 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road143 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!118 Views