DuraHook offers long-term pothole patching
Amanda Bayhi | May 30, 2014
Cimline Pavement Maintenance Group has added DuraHook, a long-term pothole patching solution, to its line of DuraPatcher products.
The unit is designed to permanently patch a pothole by using compressed air to rid the pothole of loose debris, spraying emulsion into the hole as a binder, forcefully spraying emulsion coated aggregate to compact the product and fill the hole and spraying dry aggregate over the patch to allow traffic to begin traveling immediately.
A 74-horsepower John Deere diesel engine powers the DuraHook. The unit carries 6 yards of aggregate and 250 gallons of emulsion and includes an onboard compressor.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts526 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse378 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster116 Views
- Alerting Congress: Most jobs created by transportation investment occur in non-construction sectors90 Views
- President Obama calls America's transportation infrastructure 'embarrassing'81 Views