DuraHook offers long-term pothole patching
Amanda Bayhi | May 30, 2014
Cimline Pavement Maintenance Group has added DuraHook, a long-term pothole patching solution, to its line of DuraPatcher products.
The unit is designed to permanently patch a pothole by using compressed air to rid the pothole of loose debris, spraying emulsion into the hole as a binder, forcefully spraying emulsion coated aggregate to compact the product and fill the hole and spraying dry aggregate over the patch to allow traffic to begin traveling immediately.
A 74-horsepower John Deere diesel engine powers the DuraHook. The unit carries 6 yards of aggregate and 250 gallons of emulsion and includes an onboard compressor.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2265 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1257 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority617 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles563 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project560 Views