Dowel bar retrofit for lasting road repairs
DBR has proved to be a long lasting repair, lasting 15 to 20 years, and is a sustainable pavement rehabilitation process as existing concrete pavements are rehabilitated rather than reconstructed. It is traffic friendly since projects can be completed during off-peak hours with short lane closures. The process is flexible, in that it only has to be applied to the lanes that show distress, whereas other treatments require the entire roadway to be treated. Other repair options, such as asphalt overlays, can result in raising guard rails, overhead signs, and bridges, increasing the overall project costs. Additionally, the simple design bid process allows projects to be designed and advertised in a fraction of the time required for most overlay processes. DBR is the right repair process for faulted PCCP at a competitive price.
MORE FROM Contributed Case Studies
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)480 Views
- Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects464 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign272 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says261 Views
- Where Interstate 20 crosses Interstate Bob229 Views