DOT’s new Counselor to Secretary Dan Katz to help agency push for long-term transportation bill
Amanda Bayhi | March 20, 2014
Katz has been charged with leading the DOT in its push for a long-term surface transportation bill that addresses the looming insolvency of the Highway Trust Fund, such as the $302 billion, four-year transportation reauthorization bill President Obama proposed in February.
Katz’s resume includes experience with the late Sen. Frank Lautenberg, who served on several transportation committees and subcommittees. Katz has also worked on the Senate Appropriations and Budget committees.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure219 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201392 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views
- California, Florida DOTs named winners of America's Transportation Awards82 Views