DOT’s new Counselor to Secretary Dan Katz to help agency push for long-term transportation bill
Amanda Bayhi | March 20, 2014
Katz has been charged with leading the DOT in its push for a long-term surface transportation bill that addresses the looming insolvency of the Highway Trust Fund, such as the $302 billion, four-year transportation reauthorization bill President Obama proposed in February.
Katz’s resume includes experience with the late Sen. Frank Lautenberg, who served on several transportation committees and subcommittees. Katz has also worked on the Senate Appropriations and Budget committees.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier261 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver259 Views
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker190 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase127 Views
- VP Biden announces new steps to Build America Investment Initiative106 Views