DOT’s new Counselor to Secretary Dan Katz to help agency push for long-term transportation bill
Amanda Bayhi | March 20, 2014
Katz has been charged with leading the DOT in its push for a long-term surface transportation bill that addresses the looming insolvency of the Highway Trust Fund, such as the $302 billion, four-year transportation reauthorization bill President Obama proposed in February.
Katz’s resume includes experience with the late Sen. Frank Lautenberg, who served on several transportation committees and subcommittees. Katz has also worked on the Senate Appropriations and Budget committees.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Firearms to be used for road construction763 Views
- Highway Trust Fund 2014: Timeline of Events692 Views
- POLL: Majority of Americans would rather pay tolls than taxes595 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines578 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up481 Views