DOT’s new Counselor to Secretary Dan Katz to help agency push for long-term transportation bill
Amanda Bayhi | March 20, 2014
Katz has been charged with leading the DOT in its push for a long-term surface transportation bill that addresses the looming insolvency of the Highway Trust Fund, such as the $302 billion, four-year transportation reauthorization bill President Obama proposed in February.
Katz’s resume includes experience with the late Sen. Frank Lautenberg, who served on several transportation committees and subcommittees. Katz has also worked on the Senate Appropriations and Budget committees.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1063 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1034 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse739 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?309 Views
- VIDEO: Watch time-lapse of I-84 bridge replacement304 Views