DOT’s new Counselor to Secretary Dan Katz to help agency push for long-term transportation bill
Amanda Bayhi | March 20, 2014
Katz has been charged with leading the DOT in its push for a long-term surface transportation bill that addresses the looming insolvency of the Highway Trust Fund, such as the $302 billion, four-year transportation reauthorization bill President Obama proposed in February.
Katz’s resume includes experience with the late Sen. Frank Lautenberg, who served on several transportation committees and subcommittees. Katz has also worked on the Senate Appropriations and Budget committees.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]923 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong865 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker334 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines219 Views
- SCDOT signs biggest road project contract in over a decade159 Views