DOT seeks innovative transportation tools
Amanda Bayhi | February 27, 2014
The U.S. Department of Transportation is seeking innovative tools that address challenges in transportation and improve the transportation system.
The DOT is offering a challenge to innovators to create web-based tools, data visualizations and mobile apps or to find innovative uses of technology that access publicly-available federal or local DOT datasets.
The contest features three categories:
2. Transportation Access
3. Traffic Management and Congestion
A panel will judge the tools based on technical and operational feasibility, potential for widespread adoption, innovation and social benefit.
The DOT will invite winners to its headquarters in Washington, D.C. to be part of a ceremony with Transportation Secretary Foxx and other senior officials.
The deadline to submit an idea is April 30 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
For more details, visit transportation.gov/datachallenge.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system471 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass200 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run189 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues128 Views
- N.J. transportation commissioner calls for tax hike109 Views