DOT seeks innovative transportation tools
Amanda Bayhi | February 27, 2014
The U.S. Department of Transportation is seeking innovative tools that address challenges in transportation and improve the transportation system.
The DOT is offering a challenge to innovators to create web-based tools, data visualizations and mobile apps or to find innovative uses of technology that access publicly-available federal or local DOT datasets.
The contest features three categories:
2. Transportation Access
3. Traffic Management and Congestion
A panel will judge the tools based on technical and operational feasibility, potential for widespread adoption, innovation and social benefit.
The DOT will invite winners to its headquarters in Washington, D.C. to be part of a ceremony with Transportation Secretary Foxx and other senior officials.
The deadline to submit an idea is April 30 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
For more details, visit transportation.gov/datachallenge.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident970 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse712 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side552 Views
- President Obama to urge for private investments303 Views
- Falsework tumbles after sand hauler hits interstate bridge215 Views