DOT seeks innovative transportation tools
Amanda Bayhi | February 27, 2014
The U.S. Department of Transportation is seeking innovative tools that address challenges in transportation and improve the transportation system.
The DOT is offering a challenge to innovators to create web-based tools, data visualizations and mobile apps or to find innovative uses of technology that access publicly-available federal or local DOT datasets.
The contest features three categories:
2. Transportation Access
3. Traffic Management and Congestion
A panel will judge the tools based on technical and operational feasibility, potential for widespread adoption, innovation and social benefit.
The DOT will invite winners to its headquarters in Washington, D.C. to be part of a ceremony with Transportation Secretary Foxx and other senior officials.
The deadline to submit an idea is April 30 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
For more details, visit transportation.gov/datachallenge.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong972 Views
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]957 Views
- Homeless forced to relocate due to bridge construction431 Views
- A road without fibers is a road soon to be in need of repair404 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker342 Views