DOT awards $77 million in research grants
U.S. Department of Transportation awarded $77 million in grants to 22 University Transportation Centers (UTC) to advance transportation research and education programs.
The UTCs conduct research that directly supports DOT priorities.
DOT’s Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA), which administers the UTC program, selected 10 UTCs, two transit-focused UTCs and 10 regional UTCs. Each of the selected UTCs will receive a $3.5 million grant to match with funds from non-federal sources.
MORE FROM Economics
- Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects470 Views
- Tesla Model S earns top ratings from Consumer Reports435 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign260 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says252 Views
- Cities rethink transportation due to drop in young drivers217 Views