DOT awards $77 million in research grants
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 18, 2012
U.S. Department of Transportation awarded $77 million in grants to 22 University Transportation Centers (UTC) to advance transportation research and education programs.
The UTCs conduct research that directly supports DOT priorities.
DOT’s Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA), which administers the UTC program, selected 10 UTCs, two transit-focused UTCs and 10 regional UTCs. Each of the selected UTCs will receive a $3.5 million grant to match with funds from non-federal sources.
MORE FROM Economics
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges385 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory339 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college322 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress225 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?176 Views