DOT awards $77 million in research grants
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 18, 2012
U.S. Department of Transportation awarded $77 million in grants to 22 University Transportation Centers (UTC) to advance transportation research and education programs.
The UTCs conduct research that directly supports DOT priorities.
DOT’s Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA), which administers the UTC program, selected 10 UTCs, two transit-focused UTCs and 10 regional UTCs. Each of the selected UTCs will receive a $3.5 million grant to match with funds from non-federal sources.
MORE FROM Economics
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River450 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business369 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving289 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness259 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options257 Views