DOT awards $77 million in research grants
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 18, 2012
U.S. Department of Transportation awarded $77 million in grants to 22 University Transportation Centers (UTC) to advance transportation research and education programs.
The UTCs conduct research that directly supports DOT priorities.
DOT’s Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA), which administers the UTC program, selected 10 UTCs, two transit-focused UTCs and 10 regional UTCs. Each of the selected UTCs will receive a $3.5 million grant to match with funds from non-federal sources.
MORE FROM Economics
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?435 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs398 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges186 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants171 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders153 Views