DOT awards $77 million in research grants
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 18, 2012
U.S. Department of Transportation awarded $77 million in grants to 22 University Transportation Centers (UTC) to advance transportation research and education programs.
The UTCs conduct research that directly supports DOT priorities.
DOT’s Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA), which administers the UTC program, selected 10 UTCs, two transit-focused UTCs and 10 regional UTCs. Each of the selected UTCs will receive a $3.5 million grant to match with funds from non-federal sources.
MORE FROM Economics
- Wrongly fired DOT employees return to work1502 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority829 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles715 Views
- Construction error and weather causes new pavement to crumble within hours517 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers496 Views