DOT awards $77 million in research grants
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 18, 2012
U.S. Department of Transportation awarded $77 million in grants to 22 University Transportation Centers (UTC) to advance transportation research and education programs.
The UTCs conduct research that directly supports DOT priorities.
DOT’s Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA), which administers the UTC program, selected 10 UTCs, two transit-focused UTCs and 10 regional UTCs. Each of the selected UTCs will receive a $3.5 million grant to match with funds from non-federal sources.
MORE FROM Economics
- Firearms to be used for road construction795 Views
- Highway Trust Fund 2014: Timeline of Events695 Views
- POLL: Majority of Americans would rather pay tolls than taxes614 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines569 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up479 Views