Doosan introduces DX420LC-3 excavator
Amanda Bayhi | April 8, 2013
Our sister site, Equipment World, reported last week on Doosan’s new DX420LC-3 excavator for road building and site development.
The machine is powered by a six-cylinder, 362-horsepower water-cooled diesel engine with a high-pressure common-rail design with direct fuel injection, electronic control and four valves per cylinder. The engine also uses a cooled exhaust gas recirculation system, diesel oxidation catalyst and diesel particulate filter.
The DX420LC-3 boasts a 92,374-pound operating weight, 25-foot, 5-inch max dig depth, 25-foot, 4-inch dump height and 37-foot digging reach.
Among improvements from the previous model are a 14-percent boost in swing torque, a 4-percent increase in lifting capacity, a 3-percent increase in bucket digging force and a 10- to 15-percent boost in cooling capacity.
Key features include a variable geometry turbocharger, an Electronic Power Optimizing System, an Intelligent Floating Boom and an optional air compressor.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier273 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver246 Views
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker223 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase128 Views
- Polls show states do not support gas tax increase100 Views