When you find yourself in a tight space with a tight deadline, the JT520 is your HDD solution. Bury service wire and pull up to two-inch (50 mm) diameter conduit up to 150 feet (46 m), then head to the next job”no costly restoration of lawns, streets, or sidewalks.
KEY FEATURES, JT520
- Compact and maneuverable; the JT520 can be transported with a 3/4-ton pickup and fit through a 36-inch (910 mm) yard gate; ideal for shallow product installations in congested locations.
- Rugged construction for even the most demanding short-range installations.
- 117-inch (2.97 m) compact size allows street setup without blocking traffic.
|DETAILS, JT520 |
- Rubber tracks and single-auger anchoring system minimize impact on lawns, sidewalks or asphalt.
- Pipe is designed, built and tested by Ditch Witch engineers and manufacturing specialists for maximum performance with the JT520; 70-foot (21.3 m) bend radius allows the operator to make shallow installations without exceeding pipe capabilities.
- Convenient, pedal-operated lubrication system helps maximize the life of pipe joints and increase productivity.
- Single-handle control operates both thrust/pullback and rotation with variable speed for all functions; operation requires only a tracking equipment operator and a seated drilling operator.
- At only 3150 lb (1429 kg), it”s not intrusive to soft or irrigated lawns.
|Overall machine length*|
|Overall machine width*|
|Overall machine height*|
|Drilling unit operating mass*|
|11° to 16°|
|Length of drill pipe (nominal)*|
|Diameter of drill pipe tool joint end|
|Diameter of drill pipe|
|Minimum bend radius|
|Weight of drill pipe (lined)|
|Carriage thrust travel speed*|
|Carriage pullback travel speed|
|Ground travel speed, maximum*|
|Manufacturer”s gross power rating **|
|Rated speed |
|DRILLING FLUID SYSTEM (ON-BOARD)*|
|Max drilling fluid pressure|
|Max drilling fluid flow |
|SAE reserve capacity rating|
|SAE cold crank @ 0° F (-18° C)|
|Specifications are general and subject to change without notice. If exact measurements are required, equipment should be weighed and measured. Due to selected options, delivered equipment may not necessarily match that shown. *Called out according to SAE J2022, **called out according to SAE J1995|
Click HEREto visit the Ditch Witch website.