Diesel prices continue to fall
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 13, 2011
For the fifth straight week, the national average retail price of diesel fell 2.8 cents to $3.721 in the latest week, according to the U.S. Department of Energy’s Energy Information Administration.
For another week average prices declined in all regions, led by the Gulf Coast, down 4.2 cents to $3.651. The average diesel price in California dropped 3 cents to $3.977, the first time under $4 a gallon since Aug. 29.
With the latest price decline, the national average price is 65.5 cents higher than a year ago. The record diesel price was $4.764 in July 2008.
For diesel price information, click here.
MORE FROM Economics
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving416 Views
- Oklahoma DOT looks to Caltrans for bridge assessment advice362 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness296 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options289 Views
- CBO: Highway Trust Fund would shortfall under Obama's proposed budget228 Views