Diesel prices continue to fall
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 13, 2011
For the fifth straight week, the national average retail price of diesel fell 2.8 cents to $3.721 in the latest week, according to the U.S. Department of Energy’s Energy Information Administration.
For another week average prices declined in all regions, led by the Gulf Coast, down 4.2 cents to $3.651. The average diesel price in California dropped 3 cents to $3.977, the first time under $4 a gallon since Aug. 29.
With the latest price decline, the national average price is 65.5 cents higher than a year ago. The record diesel price was $4.764 in July 2008.
For diesel price information, click here.
MORE FROM Economics
- Man dies after pedestrian bridge collapses1023 Views
- Salt prices to hurt road budgets948 Views
- PHOTOS: Directional drill dives from trailer, dangles over Dallas freeway676 Views
- Are flying robots the future of road construction?638 Views
- Ohio to start largest single construction project in state history357 Views