Diesel prices continue to fall
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 13, 2011
For the fifth straight week, the national average retail price of diesel fell 2.8 cents to $3.721 in the latest week, according to the U.S. Department of Energy’s Energy Information Administration.
For another week average prices declined in all regions, led by the Gulf Coast, down 4.2 cents to $3.651. The average diesel price in California dropped 3 cents to $3.977, the first time under $4 a gallon since Aug. 29.
With the latest price decline, the national average price is 65.5 cents higher than a year ago. The record diesel price was $4.764 in July 2008.
For diesel price information, click here.
MORE FROM Economics
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong986 Views
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]958 Views
- Homeless forced to relocate due to bridge construction458 Views
- A road without fibers is a road soon to be in need of repair432 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker342 Views