Delineator bounces back when hit
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 21, 2012
Pexco LLC partnered with the Alaska Department of Transportation to develop a new design of delineator that would improve visibility for Department of Transportation workers and the “ice road” truck drivers as well as reduce maintenance for the agency.
The new “Dalton Delineator” is a cantilever structure consisting of a short length of a Davidson Flexi-Guide FG 400 Roadside Delineator post mounted to a special flexible coupler. The coupler in turn is attached to a square steel tube support that is installed off of the traveled roadway. The delineator post, or “arm” projects horizontally out from the shoulder, above the roadway; is capable of rebounding when struck, and provides excellent reflectivity at night.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts548 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse436 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers104 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster92 Views
- Keep your laws off our ditches78 Views