Delineator bounces back when hit
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 21, 2012
Pexco LLC partnered with the Alaska Department of Transportation to develop a new design of delineator that would improve visibility for Department of Transportation workers and the “ice road” truck drivers as well as reduce maintenance for the agency.
The new “Dalton Delineator” is a cantilever structure consisting of a short length of a Davidson Flexi-Guide FG 400 Roadside Delineator post mounted to a special flexible coupler. The coupler in turn is attached to a square steel tube support that is installed off of the traveled roadway. The delineator post, or “arm” projects horizontally out from the shoulder, above the roadway; is capable of rebounding when struck, and provides excellent reflectivity at night.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Firearms to be used for road construction749 Views
- Highway Trust Fund 2014: Timeline of Events708 Views
- POLL: Majority of Americans would rather pay tolls than taxes591 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines456 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up447 Views