Delineator bounces back when hit
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 21, 2012
Pexco LLC partnered with the Alaska Department of Transportation to develop a new design of delineator that would improve visibility for Department of Transportation workers and the “ice road” truck drivers as well as reduce maintenance for the agency.
The new “Dalton Delineator” is a cantilever structure consisting of a short length of a Davidson Flexi-Guide FG 400 Roadside Delineator post mounted to a special flexible coupler. The coupler in turn is attached to a square steel tube support that is installed off of the traveled roadway. The delineator post, or “arm” projects horizontally out from the shoulder, above the roadway; is capable of rebounding when struck, and provides excellent reflectivity at night.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?441 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group293 Views
- Doosan launches Tier 4 Final non-DPF compact diesel engines166 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders158 Views
- DOT Chief Foxx points to $2.5 billion for transit in Obama’s proposed budget152 Views