Delineator bounces back when hit
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 21, 2012
Pexco LLC partnered with the Alaska Department of Transportation to develop a new design of delineator that would improve visibility for Department of Transportation workers and the “ice road” truck drivers as well as reduce maintenance for the agency.
The new “Dalton Delineator” is a cantilever structure consisting of a short length of a Davidson Flexi-Guide FG 400 Roadside Delineator post mounted to a special flexible coupler. The coupler in turn is attached to a square steel tube support that is installed off of the traveled roadway. The delineator post, or “arm” projects horizontally out from the shoulder, above the roadway; is capable of rebounding when struck, and provides excellent reflectivity at night.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges366 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory341 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college236 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?199 Views