Delineator bounces back when hit
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 21, 2012
Pexco LLC partnered with the Alaska Department of Transportation to develop a new design of delineator that would improve visibility for Department of Transportation workers and the “ice road” truck drivers as well as reduce maintenance for the agency.
The new “Dalton Delineator” is a cantilever structure consisting of a short length of a Davidson Flexi-Guide FG 400 Roadside Delineator post mounted to a special flexible coupler. The coupler in turn is attached to a square steel tube support that is installed off of the traveled roadway. The delineator post, or “arm” projects horizontally out from the shoulder, above the roadway; is capable of rebounding when struck, and provides excellent reflectivity at night.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River628 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency540 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs398 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business372 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update341 Views