Deere to build new equipment plant in China
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | December 15, 2010
Deere says it will invest $50 million in a new manufacturing plant in China to make construction equipment.
The new plant in Tianjin will produce four-wheel-drive loaders and excavators. It will be the Moline, Illinois, company’s sixth manufacturing plant in China, and it will be near an existing John Deere factory that makes tractor components.
The new plant is part of a plan to expand Deere’s construction equipment manufacturing capacity globally.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system422 Views
- Driver Beware: America's 5 most haunted roads215 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass206 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run189 Views
- Ray LaHood: 'We need a big pot of money' to fix America’s roads and bridges150 Views