Deere to build new equipment plant in China
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | December 15, 2010
Deere says it will invest $50 million in a new manufacturing plant in China to make construction equipment.
The new plant in Tianjin will produce four-wheel-drive loaders and excavators. It will be the Moline, Illinois, company’s sixth manufacturing plant in China, and it will be near an existing John Deere factory that makes tractor components.
The new plant is part of a plan to expand Deere’s construction equipment manufacturing capacity globally.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1053 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1048 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse734 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones518 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?326 Views