Deere to build new equipment plant in China
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | December 15, 2010
Deere says it will invest $50 million in a new manufacturing plant in China to make construction equipment.
The new plant in Tianjin will produce four-wheel-drive loaders and excavators. It will be the Moline, Illinois, company’s sixth manufacturing plant in China, and it will be near an existing John Deere factory that makes tractor components.
The new plant is part of a plan to expand Deere’s construction equipment manufacturing capacity globally.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts554 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse472 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers135 Views
- Keep your laws off our ditches75 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects74 Views