Deere to build new equipment plant in China
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | December 15, 2010
Deere says it will invest $50 million in a new manufacturing plant in China to make construction equipment.
The new plant in Tianjin will produce four-wheel-drive loaders and excavators. It will be the Moline, Illinois, company’s sixth manufacturing plant in China, and it will be near an existing John Deere factory that makes tractor components.
The new plant is part of a plan to expand Deere’s construction equipment manufacturing capacity globally.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax691 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards389 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund358 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete288 Views
- Gov. Scott Walker considers replacing Wisconsin's gas tax242 Views