Dean Franks promoted to ARTBA Director of Congressional Affairs
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 6, 2010
Dean Franks has been promoted to director of congressional affairs, the Washington, D.C.-based American Road and Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) announced. Franks joined ARTBA in October 2006 as a legislative representative after a successful three-year stint on Capitol Hill.
In his new role, he serves as the association’s liaison to the U.S. Congress. As a key player on ARTBA’s government relations team, Franks advocates and communicates the transportation construction industry’s priorities on infrastructure investment policy issues before members of Congress and their staffs, the U.S. Department of Transportation and the entire executive branch.
Previously, Franks worked for Rep. Judy Biggert (R-Ill.). He joined the congresswoman’s staff in the spring of 2003 and held a variety of positions, including legislative aide specializing in defense and military issues, and also handled a number of administrative duties.
A native of the Chicago area, Franks attended Tulane University in New Orleans, where he earned a bachelor of arts in 2002, with a major in sociology and minor in political science.
Franks is a director on the board of the Illinois State Society in Washington, D.C., and resides in Washington, D.C.
For the original press release from ARTBA announcing Franks’ promotion, click here.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes564 Views
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts532 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse494 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers147 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects76 Views