Deadline to apply for 2010 Volvo Trucks Safety Award is May 30
Tina Grady Barbaccia | May 14, 2010
The deadline to apply for the 2010 Volvo Trucks Safety Awards is approaching quickly. Entries for the high-profile award, which recognizes the safest fleets in the U.S. and Canada, must be received by May 30, 2010. Two fleets with the safest driving records and top safety programs will each receive $25,000 prizes to be used on their safety activities.
The winners of the award will be announced in Fall 2010. The two grand prizes will be awarded to the fleets with the best records in two divisions based on annual vehicle miles traveled: less than 20 million miles and more than 20 million miles. Complete rules and entry forms are at http://www.volvosafetyaward.com.
The Volvo Trucks Safety Award is open to all U.S. and Canadian fleets operating at least five Class 8 units. Fleets must have at least one Volvo tractor in operation to be eligible for the award. Entrants will be ranked by their accident frequency rates. Participating fleets will also be judged on their accident prevention activities. Michelin is also a sponsor of this year’s award.
MORE FROM Industry
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts554 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes528 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse469 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers135 Views
- Keep your laws off our ditches75 Views